LTH Home

Corona cuisine / Social distancing cooking

Corona cuisine / Social distancing cooking
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 70 of 71
  • Post #2071 - April 24th, 2021, 12:22 pm
    Post #2071 - April 24th, 2021, 12:22 pm Post #2071 - April 24th, 2021, 12:22 pm
    G Wiv wrote:Chicken liver, count me a Fan!

Wow, those look great. What inspired you? Do you always soak them in milk first?

annak wrote:tonight we did some halibut filets in the sous vide . . .

I love this idea for halibut, especially since I have a stash in the freezer that's probably too dry to successfully charcoal-grill.

Saturday brunch omelet . . .

Mixed Cheeses Omelet - w/Scallions & Garlic Chives
    With the end of my friend's bread -- toasted, with ramp butter -- and some not-half-bad chicken sausages.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #2072 - April 24th, 2021, 7:38 pm
    Post #2072 - April 24th, 2021, 7:38 pm Post #2072 - April 24th, 2021, 7:38 pm
    we found some ramps! so it was another round of the vaguely alison roman ramp pasta (butter, pasta water, parm emulsion) alongside the planned spatchcocked chicken with aleppo pepper roasted atop onions, grilled artichokes, and dates. also a city farms lettuces salad with some wildflowers we found and a dressing made of last night's leftover garlic labneh thinned out. spring!
  • Post #2073 - April 24th, 2021, 11:49 pm
    Post #2073 - April 24th, 2021, 11:49 pm Post #2073 - April 24th, 2021, 11:49 pm
    Pomegranate chicken and burgers with a few of the neighbors = dinner. Thanks Xexo and Ronnie for the menu inspiration!

click to enlarge
    Image Image

Pomegranate chicken, count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2074 - April 24th, 2021, 11:55 pm
    Post #2074 - April 24th, 2021, 11:55 pm Post #2074 - April 24th, 2021, 11:55 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:

Wow, those look great. What inspired you? Do you always soak them in milk first?

Was going to make rumaki then pivoted® to a more traditional take. Yes, I always soak liver in milk with a little salt first. Draws out any residual blood and off taste and just seems to freshen up liver of any type.

Nice looking omelet.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2075 - April 25th, 2021, 9:24 am
    Post #2075 - April 25th, 2021, 9:24 am Post #2075 - April 25th, 2021, 9:24 am
    G Wiv wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    liver of any type.

Nice looking omelet.

Cannot resist noting that this juxtaposition calls to mind what my parents herald as the single most disgusting meal they've prepared in 46 years of very culinarily distinguished marriage: omelet filled with leftover liver.
  • Post #2076 - April 25th, 2021, 4:27 pm
    Post #2076 - April 25th, 2021, 4:27 pm Post #2076 - April 25th, 2021, 4:27 pm
    oscars tonight! however diminished, we carry on the tradition of tv dinner. champagne, caviar-n-potato chips, deviled eggs, pigs-n-blankets, crudité with caramelized onion dip, and cheese board. can take the girl out of el lay, but not the el lay out of the girl.
  • Post #2077 - April 25th, 2021, 5:23 pm
    Post #2077 - April 25th, 2021, 5:23 pm Post #2077 - April 25th, 2021, 5:23 pm
    Half leftover burger split horizontally. Two egg omelet w/habanero, cheese, burger on top. Butter toasted bun, tomato, onion. Sounds like a mess, was glorious with a lovely frico cheese skirt singing eat me.

click to enlarge

Frico, count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2078 - April 25th, 2021, 6:37 pm
    Post #2078 - April 25th, 2021, 6:37 pm Post #2078 - April 25th, 2021, 6:37 pm
    annak wrote:Cannot resist noting that this juxtaposition calls to mind what my parents herald as the single most disgusting meal they've prepared in 46 years of very culinarily distinguished marriage: omelet filled with leftover liver.

Yeah, that sounds like a challenging thing to get right . . . not saying it couldn't be done, though. 8)

G Wiv wrote: Yes, I always soak liver in milk with a little salt first. Draws out any residual blood and off taste and just seems to freshen up liver of any type.

Okay, gotta keep this in mind. I've never tried that but was thinking about making some dirty rice soon.

annak wrote:oscars tonight! however diminished, we carry on the tradition of tv dinner. champagne, caviar-n-potato chips, deviled eggs, pigs-n-blankets, crudité with caramelized onion dip, and cheese board. can take the girl out of el lay, but not the el lay out of the girl.

LOL, sounds lovely and promises to be better than the show itself!

G Wiv wrote:Frico, count me a Fan!

Geez Louise, that looks good! :)

Started the day with another omelet . . .

Leftover Smoque Sausage, Four Cheeses & Shimeji Mushrooms
    Out of bread and the meat's inside, so just a lonely omelet.

Next up, an unnecessarily complicated dish for dinner that turned out pretty good. Stuffed poblanos and Anaheim peppers. Considering how tasty they were and how much stuff I got RID of, well worth the effort . . .

Mise En Place & Konosuke Sumiiro SLD Gyuto, 210mm
    Black pepper, leftover quinoa, fresh mozzarella, minced serranos, minced jalapenos, crushed garlic, Mexican oregano, chorizo, salt, cumin, cilantro leaves, shimeji mushrooms, ancho chile powder, al pastor pork, red onion, olive oil, roasted poblanos & Anaheim peppers. Got the chorizo and al pastor from the meat department at Carniceria Guanajuato #3.

Stuffing
    Sauteed everything in the oil except for the quinoa, cheese and cilantro leaves. Once it had rendered and cooked to where I wanted it, I let it cool, added those 3 ingredients, plus a couple eggs. The eggs weren't in my original plan but when it was all said and done, seeing how wet the mixture was, I felt it needed some egg to bind it.

Stuffed Peppers
    Ready for the oven. In ~1 cup of cooking liquid that was 50/50 4x gelatinous pork stock and El Pato.

Baked
    After ~50 minutes @ 350F, covered for the first half. Threw a little grated cheddar and cotija on for the last 5 minutes. Was pleased how well these held together. The were easy to serve completely intact, with a long, narrow offset spatula.

Plated Up
    There are two sauces underneath the heavily garnished poblano. The 'orange' one is a chorizo cream gravy, which was basically a bechamel that I started by rendering some chorizo and shallots, after which I added flour to make a roux, then added some milk and a tiny squeeze of tomato paste from the tube. The brown 'sauce' is some leftover black eyed peas that I thinned with some pork stock, after which I buzzed it with the stick blender and tuned it up with a splash of white vinegar. The garnishes are cilantro leaves, scallion tops, garlic chives, more cotija and a squeeze of lime juice.

=R=
  • Post #2079 - April 25th, 2021, 7:50 pm
    Post #2079 - April 25th, 2021, 7:50 pm Post #2079 - April 25th, 2021, 7:50 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    Next up, an unnecessarily complicated dish for dinner that turned out pretty good. Stuffed poblanos and Anaheim peppers. Considering how tasty they were and how much stuff I got RID of, well worth the effort . . .

Mise En Place & Konosuke Sumiiro SLD Gyuto, 210mm
    Black pepper, leftover quinoa, fresh mozzarella, minced serranos, minced jalapenos, crushed garlic, Mexican oregano, chorizo, salt, cumin, cilantro leaves, shimeji mushrooms, ancho chile powder, al pastor pork, red onion, olive oil, roasted poblanos & Anaheim peppers. Got the chorizo and al pastor from the meat department at Carniceria Guanajuato #3.

Stuffing
    Sauteed everything in the oil except for the quinoa, cheese and cilantro leaves. Once it had rendered and cooked to where I wanted it, I let it cool, added those 3 ingredients, plus a couple eggs. The eggs weren't in my original plan but when it was all said and done, seeing how wet the mixture was, I felt it needed some egg to bind it.

Stuffed Peppers
    Ready for the oven. In ~1 cup of cooking liquid that was 50/50 4x gelatinous pork stock and El Pato.

Baked
    After ~50 minutes @ 350F, covered for the first half. Threw a little grated cheddar and cotija on for the last 5 minutes. Was pleased how well these held together. The were easy to serve completely intact, with a long, narrow offset spatula.

Plated Up
    There are two sauces underneath the heavily garnished poblano. The 'orange' one is a chorizo cream gravy, which was basically a bechamel that I started by rendering some chorizo and shallots, after which I added flour to make a roux, then added some milk and a tiny squeeze of tomato paste from the tube. The brown 'sauce' is some leftover black eyed peas that I thinned with some pork stock, after which I buzzed it with the stick blender and tuned it up with a splash of white vinegar. The garnishes are cilantro leaves, scallion tops, garlic chives, more cotija and a squeeze of lime juice.

=R=

I’ve been making stuffed poblanos every few weeks after discovering that both hubs and son like them—shock! I fill mine pretty simply with a mix of Salsa verde chicken; sautéed onions, cilantro and spinach, kale, chard or whatever hearty greens I have handy; and chihuahua cheese. The big difference I noted is that I just slice off the top, stuff the pepper whole, remove the stem then push the remaining top on and kind of wedge them into my lasagna pan so that they stay closed.I also just put oil and a touch of salsa in the pan and they get a bit charred on the outside, which I really liked. I add some more warmed salsa, chopped cilantro and a drizzle of lime crema before serving. Good eats!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #2080 - April 25th, 2021, 10:19 pm
    Post #2080 - April 25th, 2021, 10:19 pm Post #2080 - April 25th, 2021, 10:19 pm
    boudreaulicious wrote:The big difference I noted is that I just slice off the top, stuff the pepper whole, remove the stem then push the remaining top on and kind of wedge them into my lasagna pan so that they stay closed.I also just put oil and a touch of salsa in the pan and they get a bit charred on the outside, which I really liked. I add some more warmed salsa, chopped cilantro and a drizzle of lime crema before serving. Good eats!

That sounds delicious. With the poblanos, I wanted to roast/skin the peppers first, which pretty much eliminated filling them from tops. But with the Anaheims, that step was probably unnecessary.

Most of this meal was the result of wanting to use things up that I'd originally bought for other purposes. My original plans didn't pan out but I didn't want to waste (or freeze) anything. For example, I'd never bought pre-seasoned al pastor meat before. I thought it would come in handy a few days ago but I got home so late that night (even later than I'd expected), I decided not to cook at all. Yet, there it still was in the fridge, so I thought this might be a fun way to use it up.

=R=
  • Post #2081 - April 25th, 2021, 11:04 pm
    Post #2081 - April 25th, 2021, 11:04 pm Post #2081 - April 25th, 2021, 11:04 pm
    Bit of playing around with sous vide pork chops. I really like the idea of having precooked chops or steaks in the freezer or fridge that just need quick browning. I suspect certain restaurants do too.Image
    These were cooked at 145F for 7 hours, an experiment to see if pork, like beef, becomes more tender as cooking time increases. Despite a warning that pork's texture suffers if SV'd longer than 4 hours, the chops were by no means overly tender. The doneness was very medium. I perpetually struggle with pork doneness decisions between the juicy but too-raw-seeming medium rare and the fully-cooked-but-tough well done. This seemed like a very good compromise, and no one complained that the pork wasn't cooked all the way through.

Another challenge with precooked sous vide meats is that, because they are only browned for a brief time, a method to get the inside to a good eating temperature without overcooking is needed. For these refrigerated chops, I reheated at 140F with the sous vide circulator for a half hour, probably overkill. The inside seemed plenty hot after a brief grilling. Served with gravy made by thickening the juices in the bag with a roux and boiling for a short time to change the reddish, slightly bloody color to brownish.
  • Post #2082 - April 26th, 2021, 7:11 am
    Post #2082 - April 26th, 2021, 7:11 am Post #2082 - April 26th, 2021, 7:11 am
    After spotting leeks at Jewel, and having had several 29c coupons for a dozen eggs on a series of visits, I decided eggs needed to be used up... in quiche. I used Michael Ruhlmann's recipe from Ratio, where he wants a 2"-high 9" diameter pastry ring. Not having that, I used a 9" cake pan (1.5" high) and a 4.5" springform.

The crust came together nicely (12oz flour, 8oz butter, less than 4oz ice water, pinch of salt), but the times listed for blind baking seemed way to little -- I suspect I used too much beans for pie weights, it didn't get hot fast enough. So the crust puffed up when I took the beans out, and ended up leaking.

Filling is pretty simple: 1lb bacon cut into small pieces, cooked until just crisp; 1 leek and 1 big onion (his recipe called for all onion) cooked in the bacon fat until very soft but only a little browning; then blend together 2C milk, 1C cream, 6 eggs, 2tsp salt, 1/2tsp pepper, a little nutmeg until frothy, hoping to help suspend the fillings. Layer half the bacon and onions, then half the custard, then half of 3oz gruyere (grated), repeat. Bake for 1 hr 15 (probably longer if it were 2" high). [Note Ruhlmann calls for Comte or Emmenthal, couldn't find either at Jewel]

The springform really leaked, I had about a cup of tasty custard puddled between the two pans on the (thankfully) parchment-covered baking pan. The one in the cake pan leaked too: after unmolding, much of the crust was coated in custard.

But delicious, alongside a spinach salad with EVOO and balsamic, roasted red peppers, olives and a little more of the gruyere. And lots of leftovers.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #2083 - April 26th, 2021, 6:29 pm
    Post #2083 - April 26th, 2021, 6:29 pm Post #2083 - April 26th, 2021, 6:29 pm
    From sausage-stuffed peppers on Sunday to sausage and peppers on Monday . . .

Mise En Place & Enjin SRK8 Gyuto, 210mm
    Slivered garlic, red chile flakes, dried oregano, hot Italian sausage, evoo, white wine, onions & green bell peppers, white vinegar and black pepper.

Rendered the sausage in a bit of evoo, then removed it. Sauteed, then simmered, the onions, peppers and garlic in the renderings, then added some white wine and a tiny splash of vinegar. Seasoned it up and let it all cook down (yes, I did add plenty of salt, which I neglected to photograph). Once it had suitably reduced, I added the sausage back, covered it and let it all cook together for about 10 minutes, until the sausage reached 155F.

Plated Up
    Garnished with garlic chives and served with some sauteed zucchini.

Happy Monday! :)

=R=
  • Post #2084 - April 26th, 2021, 6:52 pm
    Post #2084 - April 26th, 2021, 6:52 pm Post #2084 - April 26th, 2021, 6:52 pm
    tjr wrote:Bit of playing around with sous vide pork chops. I really like the idea of having precooked chops or steaks in the freezer or fridge that just need quick browning. I suspect certain restaurants do too.Image
    These were cooked at 145F for 7 hours, an experiment to see if pork, like beef, becomes more tender as cooking time increases. Despite a warning that pork's texture suffers if SV'd longer than 4 hours, the chops were by no means overly tender. The doneness was very medium. I perpetually struggle with pork doneness decisions between the juicy but too-raw-seeming medium rare and the fully-cooked-but-tough well done. This seemed like a very good compromise, and no one complained that the pork wasn't cooked all the way through.

Another challenge with precooked sous vide meats is that, because they are only browned for a brief time, a method to get the inside to a good eating temperature without overcooking is needed. For these refrigerated chops, I reheated at 140F with the sous vide circulator for a half hour, probably overkill. The inside seemed plenty hot after a brief grilling. Served with gravy made by thickening the juices in the bag with a roux and boiling for a short time to change the reddish, slightly bloody color to brownish.

Interesting, fun experiment. Have you had poor results just grilling pork chops (and other small cuts)? I usually find they don't need much more than some supervised time on the grill for great results and the bonus is that they're quick, which can be a real advantage when time is short.

JoelF wrote:After spotting leeks at Jewel, and having had several 29c coupons for a dozen eggs on a series of visits, I decided eggs needed to be used up... in quiche . . .

I've been threatening my family that I'd make a quiche since the pandemic started and you may have just pushed me over edge. Sounds like in spite of your equipment mishap, it all turned out great. I think I'll just use my quiche pan, though. It'd have to break to leak! :lol:

=R=
  • Post #2085 - April 27th, 2021, 7:58 am
    Post #2085 - April 27th, 2021, 7:58 am Post #2085 - April 27th, 2021, 7:58 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote: Have you had poor results just grilling pork chops (and other small cuts)?

Yes, despite brining, often when I get the family's desired non-raw texture and color, chops get too dried out. My grill, an Akorn Kamado, generates a ton of heat but is somewhat hard to control. And the conical firebox that's far down from the grate makes indirect fires tricky. I should figure out something to help with that.

Another experiment I want to try is post-sous-vide browning using my supposed half million BTU weed burner. It would go fast, just have to find a safe setup.
  • Post #2086 - April 27th, 2021, 8:24 am
    Post #2086 - April 27th, 2021, 8:24 am Post #2086 - April 27th, 2021, 8:24 am
    tjr wrote: My grill, an Akorn Kamado, generates a ton of heat but is somewhat hard to control. And the conical firebox that's far down from the grate makes indirect fires tricky. I should figure out something to help with that.

Google "Akorn Kamado Smoking Stone" buy for thirtyish dollars, problem solved.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2087 - April 27th, 2021, 12:24 pm
    Post #2087 - April 27th, 2021, 12:24 pm Post #2087 - April 27th, 2021, 12:24 pm
    JoelF wrote:The springform really leaked, I had about a cup of tasty custard puddled between the two pans on the (thankfully) parchment-covered baking pan. The one in the cake pan leaked too: after unmolding, much of the crust was coated in custard.

Wrap bottom of springform tightly w/foil.
    "In pursuit of joys untasted"
    from Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata
  • Post #2088 - April 27th, 2021, 1:30 pm
    Post #2088 - April 27th, 2021, 1:30 pm Post #2088 - April 27th, 2021, 1:30 pm
    Jazzfood wrote:
    JoelF wrote:The springform really leaked, I had about a cup of tasty custard puddled between the two pans on the (thankfully) parchment-covered baking pan. The one in the cake pan leaked too: after unmolding, much of the crust was coated in custard.

Wrap bottom of springform tightly w/foil.

I'm used to doing this, mainly to keep water out, as I often use the springform in a water bath.

=R=
  • Post #2089 - April 27th, 2021, 6:52 pm
    Post #2089 - April 27th, 2021, 6:52 pm Post #2089 - April 27th, 2021, 6:52 pm
    Another quickie, after-work dinner prep (though, not as quick as I'd originally envisioned) . . .

Mise En Place & Yoshikazu Tanaka Blue #1 Kurouchi Gyuto, 210mm
    Sliced garlic, minced shallot, microplaned ginger, black pepper, salt, shoyu, peanut oil and the featured ingredient, fioretto.

Just a quick stir fry here until the cauliflower was slightly tender. Didn't want to add too much, especially liquids, because I wanted to keep it fairly dry. That's why I used some salt, and not strictly soy sauce. On that count, I'd say it turned out fine, though not quite a shining success. It was tasty and tender but juicier than I'd hoped for. :( I'm still learning the ins and outs of this ingredient, which doesn't behave quite the same as conventional cauliflower.

Stir Fried Fioretto
    Garnished with scallion tops and chili crisp.

But wait! Mrs. Suburban reminded me about some long beans in the fridge that were on the brink of expiration. Open the pantry and fire that wok back up! :D

Mise En Place & Yoshikazu Tanaka Blue #1 Kurouchi Gyuto, 210mm
    Long beans, crushed garlic, scallion bottoms, scallion tops, oyster sauce, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and mature black vinegar.

Stir Fried Long Beans
    Garnished with scallion tops.

This was another quick stir fry and if the goal was making two vegetable sides with completely different flavor profiles, then I'd say it was a success.

And for the main course, what else but chicken thighs . . . :P

Charcoal-Grilled Chicken Thighs
    On-the-fly rub, mostly Manale with some added pinches of recently-ground cumin and allspice that I really wanted to get RID of.

Plated Up
    Charcoal-grilled chicken thighs, stir fried fioretto and stir fried long beans.

=R=
  • Post #2090 - April 28th, 2021, 6:10 pm
    Post #2090 - April 28th, 2021, 6:10 pm Post #2090 - April 28th, 2021, 6:10 pm
    Some pretty weak menu planning this week but hey, you play the hand you're dealt, right? More cauliflower tonight, so it was back to the wok, via the back of the fridge. At least, heading into a few days on which I probably won't be cooking, I managed to get RID of a lot of stuff . . .

Mise En Place & Takamura Migaki SG2 Gyuto, 210mm
    Scallion tops, crushed garlic, leftover Smoque sausage, microplaned ginger, carrot, garlic scapes (buds and stems), scallion bottoms, shallots, peas, 4x pork stock, white pepper, leeks, riced cauliflower, onion, lap cheong, peanut oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, char siu pork and scrambled eggs.

Plated Up
    Garnished with scallion tops, garlic scape buds and chili crisp.

=R=
  • Post #2091 - April 28th, 2021, 7:40 pm
    Post #2091 - April 28th, 2021, 7:40 pm Post #2091 - April 28th, 2021, 7:40 pm
    Bride is at the neighbors, heavy on the garlic & hot spice hummus & a couple of eggs = dinner.

click to enlarge

Hummus, count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2092 - April 28th, 2021, 8:59 pm
    Post #2092 - April 28th, 2021, 8:59 pm Post #2092 - April 28th, 2021, 8:59 pm
    G Wiv wrote:. . . & a couple of eggs = dinner.

Damn! Those are some nice looking huevos you've got there! :D

=R=
  • Post #2093 - April 29th, 2021, 6:48 am
    Post #2093 - April 29th, 2021, 6:48 am Post #2093 - April 29th, 2021, 6:48 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Thai Sloppy Joes

Inspiration abounds in this thread. Thanks, Ronnie! :D
    Ronnie said I should probably tell you guys about my website so

Hey I have a website.
    http://www.sandwichtribunal.com
  • Post #2094 - April 30th, 2021, 7:19 am
    Post #2094 - April 30th, 2021, 7:19 am Post #2094 - April 30th, 2021, 7:19 am
    Split a fairly large strip steak, rice and green beans w/butter, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, oyster sauce, white pepper. A tasty combo for green beans and other veg.

Green beans, count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2095 - April 30th, 2021, 7:23 am
    Post #2095 - April 30th, 2021, 7:23 am Post #2095 - April 30th, 2021, 7:23 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Damn! Those are some nice looking huevos you've got there! :D

:oops: blush :oops:
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2096 - April 30th, 2021, 12:47 pm
    Post #2096 - April 30th, 2021, 12:47 pm Post #2096 - April 30th, 2021, 12:47 pm
    Today's lunch was courtesy of my CSA vegetables that have been languishing in the fridge. Chunks of beet, carrot, radish and turnip tossed with olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground pepper and Penzey's pasta sprinkle. After this picture, I drizzled some aioli that was left over from something else. Pretty tasty.

-Mary
  • Post #2097 - April 30th, 2021, 5:03 pm
    Post #2097 - April 30th, 2021, 5:03 pm Post #2097 - April 30th, 2021, 5:03 pm
    Pushing the season a bit. Watermelon, mint, feta. Flaky salt, evo, white pepper, lime. Two thumbs up. One from me, one from the bride.

click to enlarge

Watermelon, count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2098 - April 30th, 2021, 6:45 pm
    Post #2098 - April 30th, 2021, 6:45 pm Post #2098 - April 30th, 2021, 6:45 pm
    Last weekend on a hike we found a Pheasant's Back mushroom, which we seared in butter and ate, making a small pot of stock out of the stem portion. Tonight the stock became a brothy sauce for some mushroom-pork dumplings. Kimchi and house quick cucumber pickles on the side. Green City Market opens tomorrow! Looking forward to a summer of cooking with a little less worry about markets, shopping, and friends in the garden.
  • Post #2099 - April 30th, 2021, 10:04 pm
    Post #2099 - April 30th, 2021, 10:04 pm Post #2099 - April 30th, 2021, 10:04 pm
    annak wrote:Green City Market opens tomorrow!

For a number of reasons, I'm very excited about this. :D

=R=
  • Post #2100 - May 1st, 2021, 7:15 pm
    Post #2100 - May 1st, 2021, 7:15 pm Post #2100 - May 1st, 2021, 7:15 pm
    G Wiv wrote:Google "Akorn Kamado Smoking Stone" buy for thirtyish dollars, problem solved.

Good point. I made something similar out of a piece of stainless plate. It's hanging on the side of the grill and I've totally ignored it all these times. Possibly should make a half-section style for a one-sided indirect fire like is typically used on a Weber, with searing on the other side.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more